9.15.2010

Do your dirty words come out to play when you are hurt?

I am way too competitive for my own good.
So this blog goes out to anyone I've ever versed in anything, ever.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for the "Sucked in"-s, the "In yo face!!", the victory dances and God forbid in the event that I ever versed you and lost.... for those people particularly, I'm sorry.
But games like Simpsons Chess are very intense, serious games and everything I do I give my heart and soul.
I sincerely hope you understand.




On a happier note I have recently been proven that Australia does have some incredible muscians so I want to reveal to you my favourite bands that I've recently discovered. (in no particular order)

1. Sarah-Jane O'Hara                 http://www.myspace.com/sarahjaneohara
She is amazing, her voice, her piano skills and her incredible way to make the audience feel like you're all old friends of hers creates an extremely comfortable atmosphere at her gigs.
Her song Salmon and the Owl is absolutely beautiful.
Her EP is coming out soon so watch this space.






2. Feeding Edgar                       http://www.facebook.com/feedingedgar?ref=ts
Their gigs are always energetic and outrageous.
Their songs are the catchiest out and they all have an incredible beat.
On a side note they are all ridicously good looking ;) and selflessly gave up their time to play for a concert that raised money for children in Africa living in poverty
Their EP is already out and it's awesome and their album is out very soon!








3. Steve Edmonds Band      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Edmonds-Band/64749584461?ref=ts
His gigs are intense!
His Australia's version of Rufus Humphrey.
He created an appreciation for old school Rock in me, something I thought I would never find again.
He writes his own stuff but his version of Evie is ridiculously good.
His album that covers all of Hendrix's best songs is out now!



All three do heaps of gigs around town so I highly encourage you all to check out the websites and go to their shows!!

PL x

No comments:

Post a Comment